Saturday, February 23, 2019

A pregnant merchant faces a strike picket line of the CDRs in Barcelona


The clerk argued with a group of protesters who were pressuring her to close her shop

Grego Casanova

Barcelona 21 FEB 2019 - 19:44 CET

Carolina Castillo, 35, and pregnant for four months has starred in one of the images of the strike of February, 21. A video shows how this Honduran saleswoman faces a picket line from the CDRs attacking her establishment in Terrassa (Barcelona), pressing her to close down her store.

"I had to come out because I saw that they wanted to break the glass", said Castillo about the incident. According to her version, a group of CDR approached his premises demanding and shouting her to close the store. It was then when Castillo decided to intervene and go out to the landing, where the demonstrators were crowded, to make them retreat. "When I went out the door they took my magazine rack and started throwing the advertising brochures. Do you know how much each of these magazines costs me?", Castillo lamented.

Then came the scene that shows the video: Castillo, alone, facing a group of young people, some of them hooded, breaking and throwing away the advertising magazines of her store. "Here ends your right, the store is mine and you do not pay the rent, and I have to pay if I close". Castillo has been in charge of this telephony franchise for five years; she has also said she can understand the causes of the protesters but that does not require them to decide whether she has to close or not. "I have another child to take care of, who will pay me the losses for a day without work?"

Castillo also commented that what most impressed her about the incident was the hatred shown by the picketers when she told them she was not going to close. "I have come to work even if I am myself a little bit ill to attend my clients; and then it is outrageous those four children who have never worked in their lives coming to tell you that you have to close", said Castillo.

https://elpais.com/ccaa/2019/02/21/catalunya/1550761326_727680.html
Share:

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Highlighted

Trials of Catalan activists - the what the why and how great academic centers are unwittingly contributing to undermining a European democracy

Twelve former Catalan politicians and activists are currently facing trial before the Spanish Supreme Court for charges ranging from m...

Blog Archive